Ordinary remedies


A complaint can be lodged against the decision of the police authority, the court, and the public prosecutor. However, complaints against either court decisions or public prosecutor's decisions can be lodged only if the law expressly allows them.

Moreover, a complaint may also be lodged against the Supreme Public Prosecutor's decision, but only if the court is competent to decide on such a complaint.

The period for lodging a complaint lasts only three days. Therefore, often only a very brief, so-called blanket complaint is filed at first. This is usually completed later, within the time limit requested. For example, after the accused has familiarised himself with the contents of the file and can thus sufficiently argue against the prosecution.